Interim VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
Blurb is committed to enabling individuals and companies worldwide to express themselves through the creation of customized books and magazines for personal or commercial use. We strive to deliver on our mission by creating an experience that is seamless - from book creation and customer support through printing, delivery and distribution of the products. We offer the most flexible and customizable book creation experience at a competitive price. We are well known among creative professionals and have a loyal following of brand enthusiasts. We strive to broaden our reach by expanding awareness both generally, and within segments targeted for growth.
Blurb seeks to bring onboard a marketing executive who is a highly collaborative individual and creative out-of-the-box thinker to step into a key leadership role at an important time in the evolution of the company and the brand. The Interim Vice President, Marketing will have 3 key areas of focus during their tenure:
- Taking the marketing reigns for a key strategic product launch scheduled for 2020.
- Leading the hiring for multiple full-time open roles on the team.
- Working closely with the full marketing team and other stakeholders to identify and execute opportunities to optimize and evolve existing omni-channel strategies and tactics to enhance revenue capture, brand awareness and full customer lifecycle growth.
More specifically, in optimizing and evolving strategies and tactics, the range of responsibilities include:
- Build on and enhance existing customer acquisition strategies and tactics and identify new opportunities with an eye towards accelerating registered user and new customer acquisition.
- Identify and prioritize the implementation near and medium term enhancements to build on strong foundation of customer retention efforts
- Lead the team in evolving the content strategy and brand messaging in order to ensure its resonance with the key target audiences and to reflect the value of Blurb’s products and platform.
- Extend and deepen the existing focus on effectiveness and efficiencies in the day-to-day marketing operations.
- Extend the existing data-driven culture that continually analyzes ROI and refines strategies to increase conversions and customer engagements.
- Be accountable for marketing/sales budgets, revenue, growth targets as well as qualitative measures to evaluate success of marketing efforts.
- 15+ years of Global E-Commerce or Digital Marketing leadership experience with at least 7-10 years of successfully managing operational and functional leaders.
- Full immersion in a hands-on manner in digital marketing at a web-centric organization, ideally one focused serving a sophisticated and design-focused B2C audience.
- Demonstrated track record of success leading digital channels across multiple platforms and customer touch points.
- Established history of hiring and retaining top talent
- Deep understanding of customer lifetime value, recurring revenue, and international eCommerce.
- Strong understanding of established web technologies and mobile standards and UI/UX best practices.
- Experience with eCommerce platforms, performance marketing, and reporting tools and technologies.
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain customer insights, create personas, drive targeted digital campaigns, and drive conversions.
- Ability to lead a team with high engagement and energy.
- Experience in collaborating with product and technology teams to optimizing websites for conversions, retention, and lifetime value.
- Experience with managing a quarterly budget to drive qualified leads and opportunities, while maintaining a low customer acquisition cost.
- Experience working in a dynamic (i.e. startup, small company) environment is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying