San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a creative publishing and marketing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to design, publish, market and sell professional-quality print and ebooks. Blurb’s bookstore and online marketing tools enable customers to market and sell their books, and keep 100% of their profit. Blurb’s social and community features allow customers to create and share Blurb books across social channels with ease.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technology-savvy individual with strong accounting and systems/business process skills to join an accounting group where one will have exposure to all areas of accounting and finance.
- Handling the monthly/quarterly closes, includes achieving timely and accurate monthly financial statement reporting and closing, and managing the maintenance of all general ledger and journal entries, AR/credit control, A/P, payroll, etc.
- Working with the outside audit and tax team.
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached.
- Serve as a liaison between the Accounting Department and Sales, Legal, Product Management and other business units to identify and troubleshoot problems, resolve critical issues and ensure the integrity of the revenue accounting records.
- Coordinate with and work on accounting projects as identified time-to-time by the Controller and/or the CFO.
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus (not required).
Work Experience: 4+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have achieved great success in dynamic, growth-oriented environments.
- Degree in Accounting required.
- GAAP experience
- CPA a plus, with 4 plus years of hands-on Accounting experience.
- Accounting Systems / Software Knowledge (QuickBooks Currently)
- Strong in Excel and working with Spreadsheets
- Exposure to tax a plus
- Excellent Attitude and Work Ethic
- Good analytical skills
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Public Accounting background with a national firm is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our products and services are focused on the user experience, so you'll need to be user-focused as well. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Intuit, Corbis, Current TV, eBay, Kodak, Method, Microsoft, Sun, CNET, Yahoo!, Lonely Planet and Sony.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.