Part Time Temporary employee
In office 1 day a week
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
We are looking to hire a talented Human Resources professional who is looking for part time, temporary work. You are passionate about people and thinking about new ways to keep employees engaged in a competitive job market. You will be responsible for providing administrative support for payroll, benefits, compliance requirements, and employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Accounting to prepare semi-monthly payroll
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate the entire new hire on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Manage Blurb University through RegOnline while partnering with facilitators to constantly develop and improve the courses offered
- Maintain HRIS system (system updates, configurations and employee changes data entry)
- Maintain HR data on other systems as well, such as internal company wiki (Confluence)
- Provide ongoing benefits administration (monthly billing reconciliations, coordinate annual health fair and open enrollment activities, submit COBRA requests, manage all Leave of Absence requests, and answer front-line employee requests regarding benefits questions)
- Supports VISA & Immigration process by working closely with our immigration attorney
- Administer compliance requirements (i.e. EEOC reporting, 401k and FSA 5500 discrimination testing, anti-harassment training, handbook updates, E-Verify, I-9 audits, ensuring proper posters are posted in the office, etc.)
- Manage employee wellness program to ensure program is successful
- Radiate a positive and authentic attitude to ensure you are approachable to employees
- Must be able to hold personal and benefits information strictly confidential
- Demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer service to our most valued customers in HR – our employees
- Tackle challenges with a solutions oriented approach
- Be strategic and analytical, but also enjoy the administrative aspects of the role
- Take pride in producing quality work while being able to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience with ADP HRB, Payroll and Time & Attendance systems preferred
- Familiarity with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.