Digital Creator / Social Contractor
Blurb® is an indie publishing and marketing platform—we help people create, publish, and sell one-of-a-kind books. What kind of books? Any kind you can imagine—in print book, ebook, and magazine formats.
On the Brand and Creative team, we have the enviable job of telling the world about not only the fantastic publishing platform we've created but the incredible books that our global community of customers publishes daily. As a company, we believe that everyone has a story to tell—and it's our job to help them discover how to put it into print. And with Blurb growing and innovating, it’s truly an exciting time in the brand’s journey. Our social media team is being built from the ground up. As our digital content designer, we’ll be looking to you to help shape the look, feel, and brand storytelling on our channels.
As the Digital Creator / Social, you'll collaborate with a kind, passionate, and dedicated team to ideate and develop innovative social campaigns, best-in-class designs, and strong organic and paid social content. You’ll zoom out to help drive short- and long-term social media creative strategy. But, you'll also zoom in to be extremely hands-on and creative in order to bring that strategy to life.
You'll report to Jenny, our Senior Art Director.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Create and edit digital content for various social media channels and platforms—maintaining a high and consistent creative quality and output while applying and evolving brand guidelines.
- Partner with the copy, content, and other social media team members to translate briefs into actionable, channel-appropriate creative, campaigns, and promotions that inspire and meet business goals.
- Collaborate with our team to own branded content production and serve as an integrated partner to the paid media team for distribution.
- Lead presentations and effectively communicate a creative vision—working closely with key stakeholders and teams to contribute new ideas, trends, and innovative solutions in weekly brainstorms and reviews.
- Manage and execute the entire creative process efficiently and on schedule, working with project managers and creative leads to ensure that schedules are accurate and realistic, and deadlines are met.
- Continually deepen your knowledge of Blurb products, experiences, and customers—including niche prosumers and professional audiences like photographers, graphic designers, and artists.
- Keep a pulse on best-in-class brands and social media trends providing recommendations for improving social media strategies and content for our audience.
To thrive as a senior designer at Blurb, you have:
- A passion for social media design and content creation, especially for video storytelling.
- 3+ years of digital and social media content creation; expertise in digital design, typography, image/video selection, and photo/video editing for consumer-focused brands.
- A mildly obsessive understanding of social media design standards for various platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Strong graphic design, typography, compositing, photo editing, motion/animation, and layout skills for social media projects. Plus, the ability to motivate and inspire against assigned projects.
- Ability to present, articulate, and defend creative work as well as collect, interpret, and incorporate feedback.
- Excellent communication skills and a creative personality to efficiently collaborate with and influence copywriters, content strategists, and channel leaders.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Passion for social media design and content creation. You’re not satisfied with the status quo and always think of ways to improve.
- A well-rounded portfolio of social media content design, demonstrating a solid understanding and fulfillment of brand/client objectives. *
- Deep knowledge of creative design tools, collaboration tools, and digital platforms—including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects), along with social media management software such as Sprout Social.
- A fluency with UI design and UX principles, especially as it relates to social media platforms and flows.
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That's okay! We'd still be happy to consider you.
*Portfolio and sample projects submission are required during the interview process.
More about Blurb
Blurb® is a software driven self-publishing platform that unleashes the creative genius inside everyone. Blurb’s platform makes it easy to create, design, publish, promote, and sell professional-quality printed Photo books, Trade books, Journals, Magazines, eBooks, amongst others. To date, we have printed nearly 30 million books and have over 3.3M+ unique users. Blurb includes a team of design, technology, and media veterans who share a passion for helping people bring their stories to life. Blurb authors have created millions of books using our full suite of free book-making tools. Blurb is taking the inspiration forward beyond books and recently launched custom Wall Art. Every wall is a blank canvas. Fill it with big smiles or wild panoramas. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.blurb.com.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying