Sr. Account Executive, Enterprise Solutions, Eastern Region
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
One of Blurb's primary goals is to provide new growth for the company as an innovative and significant provider of enterprise-class software solutions. The Senior Account Executive, based on the east coast, will be responsible for building and growing business by selling solutions that leverage the company’s new API Print Services product: http://www.blurb.com/print-api-software. The role will primarily sell into media-focused verticals and accounts in the Northeast region.
This role requires developing long-term relationships with current customers as well as the development of account plans for new relationships. This role will achieve this through solution selling capabilities and direct, face-to-face contact with customers, partners and other internal sales personnel.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong, lasting relationships with the client.
- Sell solutions that leverage the Blurb Print Services API product. Identify, cultivate and close on net-new business within the territory.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of our service offerings as well as the existing and future needs of the customer.
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted sales to meet monthly, quarterly and annual quota objectives. This includes maintaining accurate and detailed reporting.
- Help prospective customers identify new and/or expanded product opportunities that leverage Blurb’s API Print Services product as well as identifying other opportunities for Blurb’s Large Order Services business.
- Work with various functional groups within Blurb to drive revenue opportunities with the client.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years proven track-record of enterprise level outside field sales experience, preferably within software.
- Experience with digital media, e-commerce and/or consumer technology strongly preferred
- Value Selling Account Management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated presentation, reporting and CRM skills.
- Ability to forge and maintain good business relationships with both internal and external clients & resources.
- Ability to remain focused in a fast-paced work environment and to demonstrate thoughtful leadership in assessing problems/opportunities and recommending an approach to solving problems and pursuing opportunities.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, partnering with all other departments within Blurb including Operations, Product Engineering, Legal, Finance & Marketing.
- Creative problem-solving approach with a strong operational mindset
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, decisive, with a "get it done" and “deliver results” mentality
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA options)
- Parental Leave Benefit
- Employer-Paid Life insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation and Parking expenses
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Time Off Per Year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Birthday Off
- Catered Lunch on Wednesdays
- Office massage
- $300 credit A Year to Create Your Own Books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.