Senior Network Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 22 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
Help grow Blurb! We are looking for someone with skills in network engineering and a passion for high uptimes. You will work with a small team of great engineers to do amazing things.
- Architect, grow, and manage Blurb's network infrastructure
- Work closely with development to design and implement new systems
Work Experience: 5+ years of experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA firewall, Juniper networks, Force 10 Networks, F5 BigIP LTM network products as well as managing large ACLs and multiple tiers
- Excellent knowledge of the OSI model
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA firewall, Juniper networks, Force 10 Networks, F5 BigIP LTM network products as well as managing large ACLs and multiple tiers
- Solid understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Must be able to troubleshoot large redundant network environments, MPLS and WAN circuits
- Experience with capturing and identifying issues at the packets level
- Excellent understanding of DNS, SNMP, Samba, LDAP, ISCSI and NFS
- Experience with enterprise storage
We expect this position to be working full-time in our offices in San Francisco’s financial district. Working from home every once in a while is also an option many of our engineers take.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.